“Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Operations are my passion. I help organizations at Board, Management, and Specialist levels, optimize business process, innovation and growth through people and the appropriate application of enabling IT. “
Doug, a Scotsman who has lived and worked in and from Johannesburg for 30+ years, started as an Industrial Engineer in Glasgow. He moved through Production, Logistics and General Management in the UK and South Africa before joining the “IT Industry”. A business professional in Operations and IT – rather than an IT techie – for many years has helped match companies’ business needs with relevant business software solutions.
Doug currently consults to organisations Directly and with Partners, helping realize Value from their investment in Business Technology. Ensuring relevant, progressive, and appropriate Application of IT.
MANUFACTURING and OPERATIONS
– Production Management, General Management – James Howden, Dorbyl (South Africa)
– Industrial Engineering, Production Planning & Control – Weir Pumps Ltd, Babcock Power (UK)
APPLICATION of BUSINESS IT
– Manufacturing/Supply Chain Implementation Consulting – Hewlett-Packard South Africa
– Supply Chain Pre-sales SAP Africa and Europe, Head of Pre-sales – SAP Africa
– Head of Professional Services – Customer Account Management/Leadership – SYSPRO Africa
– General Manager Dorbyl Pipe Couplings, Divisional Management Team – Dorbyl Light & General
– Executive Team member – SYSPRO Africa
– Global Supply Chain and Pre-sales Leadership Team – SAP Africa
– Fabricated Metals, Heavy Engineering, Automotive OEM and Supply, Food & Beverage, Packaging,
Chemicals, Steel, Paper, Glass, Utilities and Telco’s, Warehouse and Transport Logistics
– Doug has coached and managed staff in Operations, Logistics, and IT for many years.
– He is a professional and experienced Business Educator for Companies and Business Schools
– Doug is a past President of SAPICS (SA Production & Inventory Control Society)
– He likes to mountain bike, travel with family, write and drink the occasional Malt Whisky